Fasetto LINK 256GB to 2TB SSD Portable WiFi NAS is Powered by Samsung Exynos 7420 Processor
Fasetto LINK is a wireless portable storage for your smartphone, camera, or other device, includes 256GB, 512GB, or 2TB SSD storage, and – for some reasons – is based on a rather powerful Samsung Exynos 7420 octa-core processor coupled with 4GB RAM. The device can also take expansion blocks to add extra battery or/and LTE connectivity via pogo pins.
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 7420 octa core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Cortex A57 core @ 2.1GHz + 4x Cortex A53 cores @ 1.5Ghz, and Mali-T760 MP8 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 256GB, 512GB, or 2TB Samsung NVMe SSD
- Connectivity – 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0, optical LTE via expansion block
- Expansion – 17-pin ball connector
- USB – USB type C port
- Battery – 1,300 mAh battery (2 weeks standby; 5 hours streaming); optional 1120mAh expansion block (total: 4 weeks standby; 8 hours streaming)
- Dimensions – 5.08 x 5.08 x 2.54 cm
- Weight – 85 grams and up
- Ingress Protection Rating – IP68
- Anti-shock – Military standard 810g
The specs seems a bit over the top just to securely (2048-bit encryption) store files, but at least the SSD makes the box pretty light, and easy to carry around. I could not find info about the mobile app to access and control the mini NAS. We do know that the box runs Linux based LinkOS, and the company can provides an LDK (LINK SDK) to developers to extend its functionality.
The LINK unit shops with a removable base, a coin plug, and one meter long USB-C cable.
Fasetto LINK will sell this spring for $349.99 with a 256GB SSD, and up to $1,149 with a 2TB SSD, while the battery expansion costs $29.99, and LTE expansion $149.99. You can pre-order LINK, and find further details on Fasetto LINK website.