Acer Chromebook R13 was unveiled in September as one of the first 64-bit ARM Chromebook. Based on Mediatek MT8173C quad core Cortex A72/A53 processor with 4GB RAM, the “Chromebook” now ships in three variants running either Chrome OS as expected, but also Windows 10 Home.
- SoC – Mediatek M8173C quad core processor with 2x ARM Cortex A72 cores @ up to 2.1 GHz, 2x ARM Cortex A53 cores, and a PowerVR GX6250 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- CB5-312T-K8Z9 / K6TF – 32 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- CB5-312T-K0YQ- 64GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 13.3″ touchscreen IPS LED display; 1920×1080 resolution; 10-point touch; 360-degree hinge design
- Audio – Integrated microphone, dual built-in speakers, microphone and headphone jacks
- Video Output – HDMI
- Camera – HD webcam (1280×720 resolution) with HDR and 720p HD audio/video recording
- Wireless Connectivity – 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 3.1 type C port for data, video, and power
- User Input – Touchpad and keyboard
- Battery – 4670 mAh LiPo battery good for up to 12 hours
- Power Supply – 45W max
- Dimensions – 326 x 228 x 15.5 mm
- Weight – 1.49kg
The official prices listed on Acer website for the three models above are respectively $399.99, $429.99 (64GB storage), and $399.99 (Windows 10 Home), but CB5-312T-K8Z9 (32GB + Chrome OS) model is now on sale on BestBuy for $349, while the 64GB model is sold for $439.99 on TigerDirect, and CB5-312T-K6TF Windows 10 “ChromeBook” goes for $407.99 on TigerDirect.
Thanks to Martin for the tip.