Gateworks Ventana is a family of boards based on NXP i.MX6 processor designed for embedded applications, and often include one or more mini PCIe ports for expansion. Their latest single board computer – Ventana GW5530 – is powered by an NXP i.MX 6Dual processor coupled with 512MB RAM, 256MB storage, a mini PCIe port, a micro SD / SIM card slot, micro HDMI output, and some I/Os.
Ventana GW5530 specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX6 Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 processor @ 800MHz with Vivante 2D and 3D GPUs
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 (Up to 2GB as option)
- Storage – 256MB flash (Up to 2GB as option), micro SD/SIM card slot, serial configuration EEPROM
- Video & Audio Output – micro HDMI 1.4 port
- Connectivity – Optional u-blox EVA-M8M GPS Receiver with MMCX or u.FL Antenna Connector
- USB – 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG Port
- Sensors – 9-axis inertial module (accelerometer/gyro/magnetometer)
- High-Power Gen 2.0 mini-PCIe Socket with USB 2.0 Support
- SIM socket (shared with micro SD card)
- Video input header for CVBS, Y/C, YPrPb
- Digital and serial I/O header
- Debugging – JTAG connector
- Misc – RTC with battery backup, voltage and temperature monitor, programmable watchdog timer, reset header, LED header
- Power Supply – 8 to 60V DC input via 2-pin header; Reverse voltage protection
- Power Consumption – [email protected] (typical); 7W Available for mini-PCIe socket
- Dimensions – 100x35x13 mm
- Weight – 28 grams
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
The company can provide OpenWrt, Android, Yocto Linux, and OpenEmbedded board support packages (BSP) for the board. Some documentation can be found on Ventana wiki. The boards targets “small embedded applications such as Man Portable Units (MPUs), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) equipment, digital signage, and robotics”.
The board is available now, with pricing not disclosed, and 1 year warranty. Gateworks GW11038 development kit with GW5530 SBC, OpenWrt BSP, USB and video cables, power supply, and a JTAG programmer can also be purchased for evaluation. More details can be found on Gateworks Ventana GW5530 product page.