Farnell/Element14 has quietly announced Lark Board from their subsidiary Embest Technology in September. The board is powered by an Altera Cyclone V ARM Cortex-A9 dual-core + FPGA processor with high speed transceivers, runs Debian 7.4, and targets medical instruments, video surveillance and industrial control applications.
Lark board specifications:
- SoC – Altera Cyclone V SX (5CSXFC6D6F31I7N) with a dual core Cortex A9 processor (HPS – Hard Processor System) @ 800 MHz, FPGA fabric including up to 110K logic cells (LE), and high speed transceivers (2 PCIe hard IPs and 9 3Gbps transceivers)
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 SDRAM for HPS, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM for FPGA
- Storage – 4GB eMMC Flash + micro SD card slot
- Audio/Video Interfaces – HDMI, VGA, and 24-bit LCD interface supporting 4-wire touch screen
- Data Transfer Interfaces:
- High-resolution serial digital interface (SDI) that supports SMD standard interface and provides a SDI TX and a SDI RX
- 12-bit digital camera input
- 2x 12-bit high-speed ADC interfaces that support SMA input
- PCIe x4 interface for PCIe x4, PCIe x2 and PCIe x1 adapter cards
- RJ45 interface that supports RGMII gigabit Ethernet
- 4x high-speed USB2.0 Host interfaces
- 40-pin FPGA expansion interface for LVDS, RSDS, SLVS, mini-LVDS signals
- 40-pin HPS expansion IO for I2C, SPI, QSPI, UART, GPIO signals
- Debugging Interfaces
- On-board USB Blaster II (Mini USB Type B)
- 10-pin JTAG interface can be used to connect an external USB Blaster
- Misc – Reset button and 5 user-defined buttons, RTC
- Power – 12V~30V round DC power jack and ATX 4-pin standard power connector
- Dimensions – 180 mm x 120 mm (10-layer PCB)
- Temperature Range – 0~70°C (operating)
The company provides a binary image and source code based on Debian 7.4 with u-boot 2013.01.01, and Linux 3.10. The board can boot from either a micro SD card or the eMMC. Documentation includes a user’s manual, a quick start guide, schematics (PDF), sample applications, as well as datasheets for the SoC and other components.
Thanks to Nanik for the tip.