Rockchip RK3229 is found is some ultra-cheap 4K Android TV boxes such as SCISHION V88 are selling for as low as $20. If you prefer HDMI TV stick form factor, there’s now MK809V 4K TV stick based on the processor, which I’ve first noticed on DealExtreme for $30.71, but it can also be found on other sites such as GeekBuying for $27.99, or eBay for $33.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3229 quad core ARM Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5 GHz with ARM Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K2K @ 60 fps with CEC support
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi up to 150 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.0 LE (Realtek RTL8723)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x micro USB port for power only
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10 x 3.8 x 1 cm
Most Rockchip RK3229 devices run Android 4.4.4, but MK809V-4K is advertised as either running Android 4.4.4 or Android 5.1 depending on the website. While the processor will feel slow for many Android tasks like gaming or browsing the web, it’s good enough for video playback, and on top of 10-bit H.265 up to 4K @ 60 fps supported on most 4K Android TV boxes and dongles, it can also handle 10-bit H.264 videos up to 4K @ 30 fps, although based on my review of MXQ 4K RK3229 TV Box, not all Hi10p videos will be supported.
MK809V-4K ships with a 5V/2A power adapter, an HDMI cable, an IR remote control, and a user’s manual in English.