RailPi 2.0 DIN Rail Enclosure & Industrial Expansion Board is Designed for Raspberry Pi 3 & ODROID-C2 Boards
We’ve already seen the Raspberry Pi compute module used for industrial applications with RevolutionPi RevPi Core industrial computer with a DIN rail enclosure, support for digital I/O modules and fieldbus gateways. Hagedorn Software Engineering GmbH, another German company has designed a similar industrial computer, called RailPi 2.0, with a DIN rail enclosure integrating an add-on board designed for Raspberry Pi 3 and ODROID-C2 boards.
RailPi 2.0 specifications (adapted from Google Translation of website):
- 4x digital outputs, short-circuit-proof, PWM-compatible, with diode for the connection of inductive loads such as relays.
- 2x optically decoupled inputs, current-limited, with dimensions compliant with the S0 standard to allow them to be used with pules counters / current meters.
- RS485 interface
- 1-Wire bus placed at the front of the RailPi
- Bus connector for extensions with GND,I2C Clock (5V), I2C data (5V), 5V, and 12V
- Misc – Real-time clock
- Power Supply – Input voltage range of 9-36V DC
The Raspberry Pi 3 / ODROID-C2 ports are also exposed through the enclosure with 4 USB ports, Ethernet, and more. RailPi website provides some more details, especially if you can read German. The expansion board schematics have also been released in PDF format.
This type of equipment is quite specialized and sold in low volume, so pricing might be higher than you would expect. You’ll find two models on RailPi store with RailPi 2.0 + Raspberry Pi 3 board sold for 236.81 Euros, and RailPi 2.0 + ODROID C2 for 248.71 Euros.
If you don’t really need to complete system with industrial input / output boards, but would just need a DIN rail enclosure for your board, there are much cheaper options with on RS Components starting at 4.74 GBP (<$6) although at this low price it might only be part of the case, as well as ModMyPi, and eBay.
Thanks to Sander for the tip.