Gateworks has launched a rugged touchscreen LCD devkit featuring one of their Freescale i.MX6 based Ventana SBC, namely Ventana GW5224, that is similar to Ventana GW5220, but with a quad core Freescale i.MX 6Quad instead of the i.MX 6Dual found in the latter.
- GW5224 single board computer
- SoC- Freescale i.MX6 Quad with 4x Cortex A9 core @ 1GHz and Vivante GPU (automotive grade: -40 to +125C)
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3-800 SDRAM
- Storage – 2GB Flash, micro SD slot, serial configuration EEPROM
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet port (RJ45)
- Video Output and Input – HDMI 1.4 out, LVDS output, 3x analog composite video inputs
- Audio – HDMI, analog stereo Line In/Out
- Expansion – 2x Mini PCIe sockets including one with PCIe signalling
- Other I/O ports:
- Serial – 2x RS232, CAN Bus 2.0B @ 1 Mbps
- Master/slave SPI, GPIO
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG port up to 480 Mbps
- Misc – RTC with battery, voltage & temperature monitor; 6-axis accelerometer/magnetometer, watchdog timer, etc…
- Power Supply – 8 to 60V DC via a power barrel or 36 to 60V DC via 802.3af PoE
- Typical power consumption – 2W Watts @ 25 C (0.08A @ 24VDC)
- Display Panel – 7″ TFT-LCD LVDS panel (1024×600) with LED backlight and PCAP touchscreen; black anodized bezel
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 + HS radio (GW17022 module), GPS receiver ( Wi2Wi W2SG0008i)
- Dimensions – 184x127x37.5 mm
- Weight – 400 grams
- Operating Temperature – SBC: -40 to +85 C; LCD Panel: -20 to +70 C; Radio: 0 to 60 C
Beside GW5224 single computer and the touch enabled LCD panel, the kit also comes with GW17022 wireless module, a 8GB class 10 micro SD card pre-loaded with Android 4.4.3, a GPS magnetic mount antenna, a 24V/1A power supply, as well as all required cables and mounting hardware.
You can find some documentation about Android for the kit and Ventana boards in general on Gateworks Wiki.
The rugged LCD panel kit appears to be available now, but price is only given upon request. Further information may be found on Gateworks GW11036 Embedded Android Development Kit page.