VIA Introduces AMOS-3005 Fanless Rugged Computer with Eden X4 x86 Processor, and VX11 Media Processor
VIA Embedded Store has just sent a newsletter to announce the launch of the company’s latest rugged embedded computer, AMOS-3005, powered by VIA Eden X4 processor and VX11 media processor and chipset, supporting temperature ranges from -10°C to 60°C, and featuring a flexible 9V-36V DC input.
- Processor – VIA Eden X4 quad core 64-bit x86 processor @ 1.2 GHz (NanoBGA2 package) with 2MB L2 cache, 1066 MHz front side bus
- Chipset – VIA VX11 Media System Processor with an integrated VIA Chrome 640/645 graphics processor supporting DirectX 11, and OpenCL, as well as a VIA ChromotionHD 5.0 video engine supporting dual 1080p HD decoding of H.264, MPEG-2, WMV9, and VC-1 codecs.
- System Memory – 1x DDR3 1333 SDRAM SODIMM socket (Up to 8GB memory size)
- Storage – 1x mSATA slot, 32Mbit Flash memory for AMI BIOS.
- Video Output- 1x HDMI, 1x VGA up to 2048×1536, with dual independent displays support
- Audio – VIA VT2021 High Definition Audio Codec, Line-out and Mic-in
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (via Realtek RTL8111G PCIe controller), 1x SIM slot. 3G, GPS and Wi-Fi can be added via optional wireless modules.
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports (lockable for secure connections)
- Serial – 2x RS-232/422/485 serial ports (DB9)
- Expansion – 1x miniPCIe slot, 1x DIO port for 8-bit GPIO
- Misc – Power on/off button, LED for HDD and Power, Watchdog Timer
- Power Supply
- 9 ~ 36V DC-in (typical: 19 Watts) via 2-pole Phoenix DC jack
- Supports Wake-on LAN, keyboard power-on, timer power-on, system power management, AC power failure recovery, Watchdog timer control
- Dimensions – 150.5mm(W) x 48.1mm(H) x 109.8mm(D)
- Weight – 1.4 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C with qualified industrial grade mSATA; Storage: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Relative humidity – 0% ~ 95% (relative humidity; non-condensing)
- Vibration loading during operation with mSATA Flash Drive: 5Grms, IEC 60068-2-64, random, 5 ~ 500Hz, 1 Oct./min, 1hr/axis
- Shock during operation with mSATA Flash Drive: 50G, IEC 60068-2-27, half size, 11ms duration
- Compliance – CE/FCC
The kits includes AMOS-3005 system, a 12V/5A AC-to-DC adapter with a 2-pole phoenix plug to DC jack, screw packs for mounting and Mini PCI-e card, washer rubbers pack, thermal pad for the mSATA module, and a syringe with thermal grease. The computer also supports Wall/DIN rail/VESA mounting system. Memory and storage are not included, which means you’ll also need to install your own operating systems, which can be Windows 10/8.1/8/7, WES 7, or Linux distributions.
The computer targets industrial automation, remote terminal and data collection, as well as in-vehicle computing applications. The barebone system is not quite cheap, but it’s expected for an industrial & automotive PC, as it sells without storage nor memory for $539 on VIA Embedded Store. More details, including the user’s manual and Windows drivers, can be found on AMOS-3005 product page.