i.MX6q SABRE Lite Board is a low-cost development platform based on Freescale Quad Core Cortex A9 i.MX 6Quad Application Processor. This will probably be the first low cost ARM quad-core development board to hit the market. Nvidia has previously announced the CARMA Tegra 3 CUDA Development Kit, but the price has not been announced and when I look at the picture of the board and the specs, “low cost” does not come to mind.
Here are the technical specifications for the Sabre Lite board:
- Quad-Core ARM® Cortex A9 processor at 1GHz per core
- 1GB DDR3 @ 532MHz
- 3 display ports (RGB, LVDS, and HDMI 1.4a)
- Two camera ports (1xParallel, 1x MIPI CSI-2)
- Multi-stream-capable HD video engine delivering H.264 1080p60 decode,1080p30 encode and 3-D video playback in HD
- Triple Play Graphics system consisting of a Quad-shader 3D unit, and a separate 2-D and separate OpenVG Vertex acceleration engine for superior 3D, 2D and user interface acceleration
- Serial ATA 2.5 (SATA) at 3Gbps
- Dual SD 3.0/SDXC card slots
- PCIe port (1 lane)
- Analog (headphone/mic) and Digital (HDMI) audio
- 10/100/Gb Ethernet
- 10-pin JTAG interface
- 3 High speed USB ports (2xHost, 1xOTG)
- 1xCAN2 port
- General Purpose I/O for Device Control
As with the Freescale i.MX53 Quick Start Board, this board comes with a SATA interface which makes it ideal for ARM netbooks, laptops or tablets with hard drives.
The board does not seem publicly available yet (no announcement), so I do not know the price either, but considering the i.MX53 QSB board costs 149 USD, I’m hoping to see this new board around 200 USD.
The only things I know are that Linaro is working on Ubuntu for the iMX6Q Sabre Lite board, they provided some details about the board as well as instructions to generate a SD card image and build the the Linux kernel and that some other companies recently got to play with it.
Hopefully, Freescale will announce the availability and pricing of the i.MX6q Sabre Lite board later this month at Embedded World 2012 and/or Mobile World Congress 2012.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|