I’ve been informed of a new AllWinner A10 development board which is marketed as some sort of Raspberry Pi “clone”, although the hardware is different. The UPuter Pi is a small board designed by QuickEmbed Technology, a Shanghai based company, that features AllWinner A10 processor @ 1.5 GHz, 512 to 1 GB RAM, and 4 to 8 GB Flash.
- CPU 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A8 multi-core Mali400 graphic engine
- Memory 512M/1GB DDR3
- Flash 4G/8G
- DC 5V USB power
- working temperature -10 to 70C
- storage temperature -20 to 80C
- Android 4.0
- WIFI/RJ45 network
- USB/Wireless keyboard/mouse
- 3G usb card
- TF card, U-disk, usb harddisk
I must have gone blind because I don’t see any RJ45 connector (for Ethernet). The board will support Android 4.0 and all the usual Linux distros supported by Allwinner A10 processor. QuickEmbed may have pushed the clone concept a bit too far as their slogan “If you want to know how UPuter Pi taste, please take a bite by yourself.” and their 2 models may sound familiar to some:
- UPuter Pi module A board – bare PCBA
- UPuter Pi module B board – It looks the same but a case is included, and it’s very much like a mini PC.
They do provide 6 GPIOs, UART and JTAG access which makes it an interesting hacker board. However, at $69, the price is OK, but not really aggressive, especially as I’m expecting a $49 AllWinner A10 development board with features similar to the Mele A1000 plus an expansion header (GPIO, I2C, SPI…) very shortly, possibly as soon as next week…
Have a look at QuickEmbed UPuter Pi page for details.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|