When Coolship keyboard computer was announced in 2013, it caught the attention of some people, but unfortunately the crowdfunding campaign was a disaster despite reaching their funding target, and few people, if any, ever received the device. But if you are a nostalgic and still would like a Commodore C64-like computer in a keyboard, a company call Acooo has designed OneBoard PRO+ based on Rockchip RK3288 processor and with a backlit mechanical keyboard housed in an aluminum case.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 Quad Core Cortex A17 up to 1.8GHz with ARM Mali-T764 GPU supporting OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0, Open VG1.1, OpenCL, DirectX11
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + SD card slot up to 32GB
- Keyboard – 83-keys QWERTY keyboard with backlit keys made of ABS plastic
- Video Output / Input – HDMI output, DVI input
- Audio Output / Input – HDMI, 3.5 mm jack for headphone
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port for Android only, 1x USB 2.0 port to connect a mouse.
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 332 x 178 x 40 mm
- Weight – 2.76 kg
I quite like the idea, and the design looks pretty neat, although I would have personally preferred a 104-key keyboard with a numpad. The price, however, is what may put off most people, as it sells for $289 on Banggood, or $299 on Aliexpress. For reference, OneBoard PRO+ can be found for 1299 to 2099 CNY on Taobao ($207 to $335 US).
Thanks to Onebir for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.