We’ve already seen Chinese mini PCs based on Intel Bay Trail-D processors for less than $200, even with a 500 GB HDD as found in VX2 mini PC, but if you’d like to buy from a more established brand, Dell has launched two models of Inspiron 3050 Micro Desktop with Intel Celeron J1800 (dual core) and Pentium J2900 (quad core) selling respectively for $179.99 and $229.99 direct from Dell US, and they also have built-in Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac that you may not always find in the cheaper Chinese models.
- Intel Celeron J800 dual core processor @ up to 2.58GHz with Intel HD graphics
- Intel Pentium J2900 quad core processor @ up to 2.67 with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L @ 1600MHz (SO-DIMM slot, up to 8GB supported)
- Storage – 32GB SSD, SATA 3Gbps (up to 500GB), 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Video Output – DisplayPort and HDMI
- Audio I/O – Headset port (Combo Jack)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1×1
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 hot ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power button, security cable slot
- Power Supply – 19.50V/2.31A
- Dimensions – 131 x 131 x 52.50 mm
- Weight – ~ 590 grams
The systems run “Windows 8.1 Bing 3.0 Desktop 64-Bit English”, and there’s no option for no OS or other operating systems. Based in the user’s manual, the mini PCs are not fanless, since it explains how to remove and/or replace the fan.
Dell also offers the mini PC with a keyboard, or a full system with a 23.8″ display on their product page.
Not directly related to the post above, but I’ve been informed than ECS LIVA mini PC (Intel N2807) with 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC currently sells for just $100 on Newegg.
Thanks to Dirk and CSilie for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|