At the beginning of the year, Compulab announced several Fitlet mini PCs powered by AMD Mullins processors. Missing from the original offering was the top of the line A10 Micro-6700T quad core processor, but the company’s latest Fitlet H integrates the more powerful, yet still low power, processor.
- SoC – AMD A10 Micro-6700T 64 bit quad-core processor @ up to 2.2 GHz with AMD Radeon R6 Graphics (4.5W TDP).
- System Memory – 2x SODIMM slots for up to 16 GB DDR3L-1333
- Storage – Internal 2.5” HDD/SSD (SATA 3.0) + mSATA 3.0 + micro-SD
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 1.4a up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- Audio – Realtek ALC888-VC2 HD audio codec; S/PDIF 7.1 input/output + stereo line-out / MIC in
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet (Intel i211 Ethernet controllers)
- WLAN 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz dual band Intel 7260HMW) + Bluetooth 4.0 with two external antennas
- Cellular – mini-PCIe for cellular modem + on-board micro SIM socket
- USB – 2x USB3; 6x USB2; 1x micro USB port for serial connection
- Expansion – Full-size miniPCIe with mSATA + half-size miniPCIe + CompuLab FACE Module interface
- Power Supply – 10~15V unregulated DC input (Typical: 12V DC)
- Power consumption – 4.5 to 10.5 Watts
- Dimensions: 16cm x 16cm x 2.5cm (Enclosure: Passively cooled die-cast aluminum)
Fitlet-H can run Windows 7/8 (32-bit or 64-bit), Linux 32-bit and 64-bit including the official Linux Mint 17 MATE (64-bit) distribution for Fitlet mini PCs, as well as an unnamed embedded OS. The package includes Fitlet-H, a 12V/3A power supply, an HDMI to DVI adapter, a 3.5mm to RCA cable, WiFi antennas, and mini serial to DB9-female adapter cable. The company mentions Fitlet H “offers thermal headroom than fitlet B, I or X” based on low-end Mullins processors, and this is possible because Fitlet H is a larger computer (16x16cm) compared to the other fitlet mini PCs (0.8 cm x 8.3 cm).
Compulab Fitlet-H is not in stock right now, but should be available very soon, and is listed on TinyGreenPC.com for 330 GBP ($516) as well as Amazon US with the expected price being $436. The 5-year warranty may contribute to the relatively high price. You’ll also need to add RAM, storage, and an operating system to get a working system. Further details on the latest Fitlet H should soon be available on Compulab Fitlet product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|