Most mini PCs based on Intel Atom Z3735F have very similar specifications, but at least one company – Eglobal Technology – is providing some extra options with their mini PC as they offer dual Ethernet (which they call “Router”), a COM port and an IR receiver as options.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735F “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC + micro SD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio I/F – HDMI, 3.5mm earphone jack, 3.5mm microphone jack
- Standard – 1x 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- Option – One extra 10/100M Ethernet port
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host
- Misc – Power Button, optional IR receiver, optional COM port (DB9)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 107 x 107 x 25 mm
- Weight – 250 grams
The mini PC ships with a power adapter, and a “mini HDMI” cable, and Windows 8.1 is pre-installed, but probably not activated. This could also be used as a low power Linux server, although the interfaces are only Fast Ethernet, and 802.11 b/g/n WiFi.
The device is available on Aliexpress, where you have two options: “No router” for $113.04 and “With Router” for $127.29, both prices including shipping. It’s pretty clear what you get with the “No router” option, and although you should get the extra Fast Ethernet port with the second option, it’s unclear whether the COM port and IR receiver are included. I did not get any answer to my online chat questions.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.