For some hard-to-explain reasons, Actions Semi S500 processor seems to be a popular choice for makers of boards, although I don’t think it has really been a success with hobbyists and makers so far. After ActDuino S500, LeMaker Guitar, Lemon Pi, Allo SPARKY, and Roseapple Pi boards, here comes another S500 quad core Cortex A9 development board with Aceberry S500 that’s quite inspired by LeMaker Guitar as seen by its baseboard and module design.
Aceberry S500 board preliminary specifications:
- SoC – Actions Semi S500 quad core Cortex A9r4 processor @ 1.6GHz with PowerVR SGX544 GPU @ 500 MHz
- Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB eMMC or NAND flash (16 and 32GB optional), SPI NOR flash
- Video Output – HDMI, and LCD connector
- Audio – HDMI, headset jack, digital output (RCA).
- Video Codec – H.265 (HEVC) and Ultra HD (4K*2K) video playback. Encoding up to [email protected]
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 (Realtek RTL8723BS)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 OTG port
- Camera – Camera interface
- Expansion Header – 1x header for GPIOs, 1x header for camera, 1x header for external display
- Sensors – G-sensor
- Power Supply – ATC2603C PMU;
- Power Consumption – 0.004 to 2.4 Watts (not sure under what kind of load…)
- Dimensions – 67.6x40x4.5mm (for module)
- Weight – 11 grams (for module)
The module itself using the same 204-pin SODIMM edge connector, but the layout is quite different, and the module integrates WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0, a G-Sensor, and an SPI NOR flash. The board is said to support Linux 3.10, Ubuntu 14.04 and Android 5.0.
The board is made by ShenZhen Steed Technology, and is said to sell for $30. Details are lacking at the moment, and there’s no AceBerry S500 product page on the company website.
[Update: I got some details about price:
$30 is sample price for module itself, MOQ:1000pcs,price is $25. if together with base board,price is $60 for sample. quantity order price can be negotiated
Via Notebook Italia
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|