Spartixed is another low cost FPGA board launched on Kickstarter, powered by Xilinx Spartan 6 LX4 FPGA, with a 7-segment display, some headers and buttons, and targeting people who want to learn VHDL/Verilog on the cheap.
- FPGA – Xilinx Spartan 6 LX4 FPGA (exact part not disclosed)
- Storage – 16 Mbit flash for program, I2C or SPI EEPROM
- Display – 3 digit 7- Segment Display
- USB – 1x micro USB port for power and debugging
- Expansion – 26-pin unpopulated header, optional SPI Bus A/D Converter
- Debugging – 14-pin JTAG connector, UARt port via USB connector
- Misc – 3x push button switches, 8 slide switches for input, 2x user LEDs, 1x power LED, 1x config. ready LED.
- Power – 5V via Micro USB Connector or 5 to 12 V via external power supply.
- Dimensions – N/A
An early bird pledge of $29 could get you Spartixed board and a 12V power supply, and after the first 25 pieces are gone the pledge is $34. Shipping is $6 to the US, and $20 to the rest of the world with delivery scheduled for February and March 2016. The target funding of $35,000 might however be optimistic for the type of board, as it might be challenging to get the 1,000+ boards required to achieve the goal.