Mediatek has unveiled MT8581 processor for UHD Blu-ray players at CES 2016, with support the latest 10-bit H.265 and VP9, as well as High Dynamic Range (HDR) for better video quality.
- CPU – Quad core ARM Cortex A53 processor
- GPU – N/A, but could be ARM Mali-820MP2 according to AndroidPC.es
- Optical Disks support – Blu-ray, DVD and CD playback, including the latest BD-ROM format, such as BD-Live and BonusView. When combined with MT8577A
- Video Codecs – HEVC/H.265 10-bit, H.264 and VP9 Profile 2, Ultra HD 60p video decoder (3840×2160), MPEG-1/2/4, VP8 and VC-1 for Full HD 60p. Encode: H.265 and H.264.
- High Dynamic Range – HDR10 open standard and Dolby Vision IP
- Audio – AAC, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, and DTS HD
- Network Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
MT8581/MTK8581 will also support DVD upscaling up to 4K resolution, and 4K downscaling to for Full HD and HD ready screens.
The processor’s mass production is scheduled for H2 2016.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|