Just last week, I wrote about a standalone vinyl to MP3 recorder, but another Japanese company has now launched a cassette tape and FM/AM radio player that can also record to MP3 on micro SD cards or USB flash drives.
Wintech SCT-R225 specifications:
- FM/AM radio tuner with retractable antenna
- Cassette tape player
- Audio – Speaker and microphone, headphone jack
- Digital storage – 1x USB host for USB flash drives, 1x micro SD slot
- Misc – Control buttons
- Power supply – 100V AC to 6V DC power adapter or 4x AA batteries
- Dimensions – 188 x 36 x 98 mm
- Weight – ~ 406g without batteries
One downside is that if you want to record FM radio to MP3, it would have to be recorded on a tape first, then from the tape to MP3. The tape to MP3 conversion also handles silence detection in order to record each song on the tape into separate MP3 files. Microphone recording can be done on tape or micro SD or USB.
Via Eddy Lab on G+.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.