You’d love to get an Nvidia Shield Android TV, but the price is just too high? No problem, as M9S Z8 offers you the appearance of Nvidia TV box for just $66. Sadly the comparison stops there, because instead of an Nvidia Tegra X1 processor, the box features your typical Amlogic S905 processor combined with 2GB RAM and 16 GB storage.
- SoC – Amlogic S905 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 output up to 4K @ 60 Hz, AV port
- Audio – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, RGB LED light
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions & Weight – 160 grams; 4.00 x 10.00 x 3.00 cm
The device runs Android 5.1 with a “fully loaded” (read piracy add-ons) Kodi 16.0, and ships with an IR remote control, an HDMI Cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual in English.
Some more information is available on what may be the official product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.