MeLE showcased their PCG61U mini PC powered by an Intel Celeron N3150 processor and running Ubuntu last April at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair. The company has now launched Star Cloud PCG61 on Aliexpress where it sells for $149 and up with either Windows or Ubuntu.
- SoC – Intel Braswell Celeron N3150 quad core processor @ 1.60/2.08 GHz with 12 EU Gen8 Graphics(6W TDP)
- System Memory – None, 4 or 8GB DDR3L
- Storage – 0, 64 or 128 GB mSATA SSD (upgradeable up to 256GB), micro SD card up to 512GB
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 & VGA
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5mm microphone and earphone jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n & 802.11ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, Kensington security lock, reset BIOS button, mini PCIe slot (likely already used by wireless module)
- Power – 12V DC input
- Dimensions & weight – N/A (Aluminum case with “patented fanless cooling design”)
That’s the first time I see a “Reset BIOS” button, and considering problems people had with Wintel Pro CX-W8, it might be worthwhile feature to have in case you have “bricked” your computer with wrong BIOS settings.
- Barebone without memory nor storage – $149
- Ubuntu 16.04 with 4GB RAM, 64 GB SSD – $199
- Windows 10 Pro with 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD – $299
- Windows 10 Pro with 8GB RAM, 128 GB SSD – $349
All prices include shipping by registered air mail. It’s pretty clear Windows 10 Pro is properly licensed considering the price difference with the Ubuntu version for the same hardware.Via AndroidPC.es
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|