Qualcomm first mentioned Snapdragon 835 processor in November, but at the time, they only disclosed it would be manufactured using 10nm process technology in partnership with Samsung, and claimed the obvious “faster and lower power consumption” compared the previous generation. The company has now provided much more info ahead of CES 2017.
- Processor – 8x Kryo 280 cores used into two clusters:
- performance cluster with 4x cores @ up to 2.45 GHz with 2MB L2 cache
- efficient cluster with 4x cores @ up to 1.9 GHz with 1MB L2 cache
- GPU – Adreno 540 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 full, Vulkan, DX12
- DSP – Hexagon 682 DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions and Qualcomm All-Ways Aware technology
- Memory I/F – dual channel LPDDR4x
- Storage I/F – UFS2.1 Gear3 2L, SD 3.0 (UHS-I)
- Display – UltraHD Premium-ready , 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB Type-C support
- Video – Up to 4K @ 30 fps capture, up to 4K @ 60 fps playback, H.264, H.265 and VP9 codecs.
- Audio – Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec and speaker amplifier; Qualcomm aptX audio playback support: aptX Classic, aptX HD
- Camera – Spectra 180 ISP; dual 14-bit ISPs up to 16MP dual camera, 32MP single camera
- Connectivity – 802.11ad multi-gigabit, integrated 802.11ac 2×2 WiFi with MU-MIMO (tri-band: 2.4, 5.0 and 60 GHz); Bluetooth 5.0
- Modem – X16 LTE modem; downlink up to 1 Gbps, uplink up to 150 Mbps
- Location – GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, and QZSS systems content protection
- Security – Qualcomm SecureMSM technology, Qualcomm Haven security suite, Qualcomm Snapdragon StudioAccess content protection
- Charging – Quick Charge 4 technology, Quacomm WiPower technology
- Manufacturing – 10nm FinFET (Samsung)
Snapdragon 835 will use about 25 percent less power than Snapdragon 820, while being 35 percent smaller, and delivering 25 percent faster 3D graphic rendering. The processor is expected to be found in premium consumer devices such as smartphones, VR/AR head-mounted displays, IP cameras, tablets, mobile PCs, and more. The first devices announced with Snapdragon 835 are Osterhout Design Group (ODG) R-8 augmented/virtual reality smartglasses and ODG R-9 smartglasses and devkit for wide field of view (WFOV) experiences
You’ll find more details on Snapdragon 835 product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|