The Button Corporation, a company specializing in… buttons as you may have guess, has introduced a new version of their bttn connected button with Sigfox connectivity in the US. It works a little like Amazon Dash, but mostly targets businesses, offers more features, and works anywhere with a Sigfox network.
- Button functions – Short press, long press and “not pressed”
- LED feedback – Green (positive), red (negative) and yellow (wait)
- Connectivity – Mobile data (2G GPRS), SIGFOX (868 MHz ETSI / 915MHz for US), or Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n)
- USB – 1x micro USB port for charging
- Power Supply
- bttn mini – Rechargeable Li-Po battery
- bttn – 4 x AA alkaline batteries
- Dimensions – bttn mini: 69mm Ø x 40 mm; bttn: 100 mm Ø x 73 mm
- Weight – bttn mini: 90 grams; bttn: 190 grams
The company is now taking pre-order with the service launching in March for $1.99 per month in the US. The press release does not mention it, but bttn is also available in Europe for 1.99 Euros per month right now based on the specs, and information on bttn Sigfox page and the online shop, with more countries and regions to be supported as Sigfox coverage expands around the world. The initial costs is actually 69.00 Euros including a 2-year free subscription to the service.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.