Beside RV1108 visual platform for applications, Rockchip also unveiled another processor at CES 2017 with RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor for 4K TV Box with H.265, H.264 and VP9 codecs support, HDR, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet and more.
- Processor – Quad core Cortex A53 @ up to 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-450MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3/DDR3L/DDR4 with “large memory” support (4GB?)
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.x/1.4 up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10/HLG support, CVBS output
- Video Processor
- 4K UHD H.264, 10-bit H.265 and VP9 video decoder
- 1080p H.265/H.264 video encoder
- Audio – Embedded audio DAC
- embedded USB 3.0 interface
- Dual Ethernet interface: RGMII (reduced gigabit media-independent interface) + Fast Ethernet PHY
- 8 channel I2S interface supporting PDM/TDM
- TS and smart card interface, with support for CSA 2.0
- Security – TrustZone, Secure Video Path, Secure Boot, OTP
The new processor with support Android 7.1 and Linux, as well as OP-TEE secure OS and DRM support for Widewine L1 and Microsoft PlayReady. The TS interface will allow for tuner (DVB, ATSC…) support.
The processor is quite similar to Amlogic S905X. However the GPU is a bit weaker, which is not really that important for video applications, but not so good for games, and RK3328 also offer some extra interfaces with USB 3.0, dual Ethernet including one Gigabit Ethernet MAC, and tuner support.
The company did not provide any information about pricing or availability in their press release, and has yet to add RK3328 product page to their website.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|