Qualcomm has just introduced Qualcomm 205 “Mobile Platform” designed to bring 4G LTE connectivity and services to entry-level feature phones to emerging regions, such as India, Latin America, and Southeast Asia. The SoC features a dual core ARM CPU, an Adreno 304 GPU, and an LTE Cat 4 modem.
- CPU – Dual Core ARM Cortex A7 processor at 1.1 GHz
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 304 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.0
- Memory I/F – LPDDR2 & LPDDR3 up to 384 MHz
- Storage I/F – eMMC 4.5 flash
- Display – MIPI DSI up to 480p60
- Cellular Connectivity
- X5 LTE modem supporting LTE Cat 4 with up to 150 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload;
- Dual SIM card
- 2G, 3G and 4G support
- VoLTE support
- Connectivity – Support for 802.11 b/g/n & VoWIFI, Bluetooth 4.1, ANT+, FM radio, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Camera – Dual 3MP camera support (rear + front) up to 480p60
- Video Codecs – H.264 (AVC), MP4, VP8 decoding up to 720p
- Security – Qualcomm SecureMSM hardware and software; Qualcomm Snapdragon StudioAccess content protection
- Process – 28nm
The processor is pin-to-pin compatible with Qualcomm Snapdragon 210/212, and Qualcomm provides support for a Linux based OS.
Qualcomm 205 SoC is already in mass production, and retail devices are expected in Q2 2017. You’ll find a few more details on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|