Smartphones with dual rear cameras are becoming more common, and we’ve see some smartphones in the past with an extra rear display such as Yotaphone 2. Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus smartphones combines both features, but instead of using an E-Ink or other e-Paper display for the secondary display, Meizu used an 1.9″ AMOLED display that automatically turns on when you flip the phone, and can be used to check the time or notifications while the main display is still off.
Meizu Pro 7 / Pro 7 Plus partial specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek Helio X30 deca-core processor with 2x cortex A73 cores @ up to 2.6 GHz, 4x cortex A53 cores @ up to 2.2 GHz, and 4x cortex A35 cores @ up to 2.0 GHz, as well as Imagination PowerVR 7XT GPU
- System Memory
- Pro 7 – 4GB LPDDR4x
- Pro 7 Plus – 6GB LPDDR4x
- Pro 7 – 64 eMMC 5.1 flash storage
- Pro 7 Plus – 64 or 128 GB UFS 2.1 storage
- Pro 7 – 5.2″ super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Pro 7 Plus – 5.7″ super AMOLED display with 2560×1440 resolution
- Both models – 1.9″ secondary super AMOLED display with 536×240 resolution
- Dual 12MP Sony IMX386 rear camera
- 16MP front facing camera
- Audio – Separate audio chip, 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB – USB type C port
- Pro 7 – 3,000 mAh battery with mCharge 3.0 fast charging
- Pro 7 Plus – 3,500 mAh battery with mCharge 4.0 fast charging allowing to charge the phone to 67% in 30 minutes using a 25W charger
Both phones run Android 7.0 with Flyme interface.
Beside checking out the time and notifications, the small rear display can be used to take selfies with the rear camera, and as as MP3 player with control showing on that display.
Meizu does not have a page in English for the phone yet, and AFAICS only shared details on twitter in English. You’ll likely find more details in the product page in Chinese, including the price in China for both phones: 2,880 RMB (~$428 US) for Pro 7, and 3,580 RMB (~$532 US) for Pro 7 Plus.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|