Last month, I wrote about two boards based on Snapdragon 212 processor that can be used for smart speakers, IoT applications, industrial automation, etc..: Intrinsyc Open-Q 212 SBC selling for $595 without LCD, and Kaynes Technology SKATE-212. We did not have that much information about the latter at the time, but the company has now published some photos, more details, and revealed pricing.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 quad core Cortex A7 @up to 1.3GHz with Adreno 304 GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL, DirectX
- System Memory – 1 GB LPDDR3 (Expandable upto 2GB)
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash (Expandable up to 16GB) + micro SD slot
- Video Output / Display – 7″ capacitive touchscreen, full size HDMI port (Only one or the other can be used at a given time)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi + Bluetooth 4.x LE, GPS with optional GLONASS support
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB device port (can not be used at the same time as Ethernet, and other USB host ports), 1x micro USB debug console
- Camera – 8 MP primary camera; 2MP secondary camera
- Mono loudspeaker output
- 3.5mm stereo audio jack with mic
- On board single (default)or dual microphone
- Expansion – 40-pin expansion header with SPI, I2C, GPIO, etc.. signals
- Sensors – 6-axis MEMS gyroscope & accelerometer; 3-axis magnetometer
- Power supply – 12VDC power adapter, or optional 3.7V/2,500 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 90 x 70 mm
The company provides support for Android Nougat for the board, with Linux support available on request.
The development kit can be pre-ordered for $349 by companies interested in developing their products with the solution, and includes the board itself, a 7″ LCD capacitive touch display, a 12V power supply, a USB type A to Micro-B cable, an “Android delivery package”, and documents. Customers will also get 4 weeks free technical support from the date of kit is received. You may want to visit the product page for further information.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|