Except for the odd industrial motherboard, most Gemini Lake motherboards launched so far rely on an ATX connector and power supply, but if you prefer a DC powered Gemini Lake motherboard, ECS now provides several options thanks to their GLKD-I series mini-ITX motherboards equipped with Gemini Lake processor.
ECS GLKD-I motherboard specifications:
- SoC – Intel Gemini Lake processor with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP (Celeron J4005, J4105 or Pentium J5005)
- System Memory – 1x DDR4 SO-DIMM socket up to 8GB RAM; supports DDR4 2400 non-ECC, un-buffered SDRAM Memory
- Storage – 2x SATA III ports, 1x M.2 slot for SSD, 128 MB SPI Flash ROM for AMI BIOS
- Video Output – HDMI port, optional D-Sub/VGA port, optional DisplayPort, optional eDP header
- Realtek ALC662 6-Channel HD audio CODEC
- 16/20/24-bit PCM format for 5.1 channel audio solution
- Line Out/Line In/Mic In jacks
- Front panel MIC/Speaker out header
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet via Realtek RTL8111H, optional WiFi + Bluetooth via M.2 slot (CNVi supported)
- USB – 4x USB3.0 ports up to 5Gb/s (either rear I/O or front header), 6x USB2.0 ports (2x back panel, 4x on-board)
- Misc – PS/2 Keyboard & PS/2 mouse connectors, 4-pin SYS_FAN connector, front panel switch/LED header, CLR_CMOS header, 2x serial port headers (COM), parallel port header (LPT)
- Power Supply – 19V power barrel connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX form factor)
The company support Windows 10 64-bit /32-bit, and provides Windows drivers via the product page. Linux distributions should be supported, but as usual this should be tested. No price, nor availability information yet.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.