Emlid Neutis N5 system-on-module (SoM) powered by Allwinner H5 processor was unveiled right before Embedded World 2018 in February with an expected launch date scheduled for April.
There have been some delays but the Allwinner H5 CPU module and corresponding development kit are now up for pre-order with delivery slate for the end of August.
- SoC – Allwinner H5 quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 1.3 GHz with Arm Mali-450MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. Bluetooth 4.0 dual-mode BLE with on-board antenna and u.FL connector for optional external antenna
- HW Security – Tamper-resistant dedicated crypto chip (secure element) for storing cryptographic keys, unique ID, random number generation and more
- 2x DF40 80-pin board to board X1 and X2 connectors with
- 38x GPIOs
- 4x UART, 3x I2C, 2x SPI, 2x PWM
- 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB OTG
- 1x IR input
- Audio – 2x PCM, Line OUT, Line IN, 2x Mic in
- Display – 1x HDMI, 1x CVBS
- 1x SDIO
- Supply Voltage – 3.3V
- Dimensions – 41 x 29.5 x 4.3 mm
- Temperature Range – -25…+70 °C (Extended)
- Certifications – FCC & CE
The company provides Neutis BSP for the module. It is based on Yocto Project build system, comes with up-to-date mainline Linux kernel, and supports OTA firmware updates. Emlid also developed manufacturing software tool for parallel flashing of multiple units, component testing, and serial number management.
In order to get started with development the company also offers Neutis developer board exposing various I/Os and ports:
- Storage – MicroSD card slot
- Video – HDMI port
- Audio – 3.5 mm jack line out, 3.5 mm jack line in
- Camera I/F – CSI interface for 5MP OV5640 camera module
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Type A ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Debugging – micro USB port for serial console
- Expansion – All I/Os on 2.54mm pitch headers
- Misc – 3x buttons (reset, uboot, PL10/ext_int)
The board is sold as part of Neutis Development Kit with a Neutis N5 module, a heatsink, a camera module, a micro USB to USB cable, a USB OTG adapter, and a set of jumpers: 7x female-female, 7x male-female.
Neutis Development Kit is sold for $229, but using devkit10off coupon will reduce the price by 10%. Extra Neutis N5 modules cost $49 each, and volume discounts are available as well with for example the module going for $43.61 per unit if you purchase over 5,000 units.