There aren’t that many Allwinner H3 TV boxes with some models coming to mind being Zidoo X1 or Beelink X2, but of which appear to be phased out. If you are just looking for Android boxes, Amlogic S905X/S905W boxes are probably better options due to better support for video playback, but if you have desktop/server Linux in mind, then Allwinner H3 may be considered, and Beelink X2 used to be supported in Armbian, but is now EOS (End-of-Support).
Nevertheless, it should still be possible to run Linux on Allwinner H3 TV boxes with some efforts, and GearBest now has a promotion for Sunvell H3 TV box which comes with 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and sells for $27.99 plus some small shipping fee ($0.68 here).
- SoC – Allwinner H3 quad core Arm Cortex A7 with quad core Mali-400MP2
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 64 GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 up to 4K2K @ 30Hz + AV port (composite + stereo audio)
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver, power button and LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A (power barrel)
- Dimensions – 9.20 x 9.20 x 1.70 cm
- Weight – 150 grams
The box runs Android 7.0, and ships with a power adapter, an IR remote control, a HDMI cable, and an user manual in English. For reference, if you wanted a somewhat equivalent Allwinner H3 development board, you could get Orange Pi Plus 2E, with the same 2GB/16GB configuration but adding GbE, and I/O headers for about $46 on Aliexpress. This price does not include the case, nor power supply, but the board is officially supported by Armbian.
Thanks to Suren for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.