VIA has recently introduced ALTA DS 3 Edge AI system, a mini PC for the retail market powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820E processor, and targeting intelligent digital signage, kiosk, and access control devices that require real-time image and video capture, processing, and display capabilities.
VIA Alta DS 3 Edge AI system specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820E quad core 64-bit Kryo CPU processor @ up to 2.15 GHz, Adreno 530 GPU @ 624 MHz supporting OpenGL ES 3.1/GEP, GL4.4, DX11.3/4, OpenCL 2.0, Renderscript-Next
- System Memory – 4GB POP LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash memory, M.2 slot for M.2 2280 NVMe SSD (PCIe 1 Lane), SD card slot
- Video Output – 2x HDMI ports: one HDMI 2.0 port and one HDMI 1.4 port via dual DSI to HDMI converter
- Video Playback – H.264, H.265 (HEVC 8/10-bit) video decoding up to [email protected]
- Audio – WCD9335 Audio Codec; 3.5mm Line OUT and Mic-IN jacks
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + BT 4.1 combo module (QCA6174A-1) with 2 antenna connectors, SIM card socket for 3G/4G mPCIe card
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x mini USB 2.0 port for fastboot mode only
- Expansions – 1x mini PCIe slot (USB only)
- Security – ST33TPM1212C Trusted Platform Module (TPM1.2)
- Misc – 1x power button with blue power LED, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 12V DC-in
- Dimensions – 175mm(W) x 25mm(H) x 118mm(D)
- Weight – 610 grams
- Temperature – Operating: 0 to 40°C; storage: -20 to +70°C
- Compliance – BSMI, CE, FCC
The digital signage ships with a stand holder for holding the mini PC vertically, a power adapter, a power cord, as well as an optional VESA mount. VIA system runs Android 8.0 operating system, and signage, video wall and surveillance software are available too. For further development, an Android BSP (Board Supply Package) is also offered to customers, and the solution supports Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK.
VIA Alta DS 3 Edge AI system is available now, and can be purchased directly for $399.00 on VIA Embedded store. You may also find more information on the product page.