PIPO has launched several Windows 10 mini PC with a built-in touchscreen display suitable for PoS (Point of Sale) applications. You just had to connect your own thermal printer and/or barcode scanner.
It now appears the company has taken their Atom x5 based PIPO X12 model and redesigned a case around the main board to integrate a thermal printer to print receipts. Meet PIPO X3.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8350 “Cherry Trail” quad-core processor @ 1.44 GHz / 1.92 GHz (Turbo) with Intel HD graphics 400
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 32 GB flash, and micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Display – 8.9″ PLS display with 1920×1200 resolution
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a output
- Audio Output – HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack, built-in stereo speaker.
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet ports, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 4.0 with external antenna
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Print Paper Specification – 58mm
- Print Width – 48mm
- Print Speed – 90mm/s
- Print Paper Capacity – 50,000,000m
- Misc – Power and volume buttons, and reset pinhole; RJ11 port; RS-232 serial port
- Power Supply – 24V/2.5A
- Dimensions – 31.2 x 15.10 x 7.7 cm
- Weight – 1.09 kg
The mini PC runs Windows 10, and ships with a power supply, and a user manual. The RS-232 can be used with a barcode reader, but I’m not sure what the RJ11 port is for unless the PoS needs the ability to fax documents, or Internet dial-up is still a thing in some parts of the world.
I first found PIPO X3 for $199.99 including shipping on GearBest [Update: Coupon GBCNX3 brings that down to $189.99], but you’ll also find it on Aliexpress for as low as $154.80 plus shipping. Note that according to at least one Aliexpress seller, PIPO X3 runs both Windows 10 and Android 5.1, but they did not provide any photos or screenshots to confirm the claim.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|