Novasom Industries is an international company specializing in SBCs (Single Board Computers) with offices in Romania and the US. Most of their products are based on Arm and Intel processors, and they have two product lines their U-Line for low power IoT devices, and M-Line for applications requiring multimedia processing with various Rockchip, Qualcomm, and Intel processors.
One model in the U-Line caught my attention, as beside an NXP i.MX6ULL SBC, the company is also offering an industrial temperature grade ESP32 SBC named SBC-U1 / SBC-U1A.
SBC-U1/SBC-U1A board specifications:
- SoC – Espressif Systems ESP32 dual core Tensilica LX6 processor @ 240 MHz, 384KB RAM
- Storage – 4MB flash, micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/n/g WiFi 4, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- I/Os – 24-pin 2.54mm pitch header with up to 15 GPIO @ 3.3V, I2C, SPI, 2-ch 12-bit ADC, 2-ch 10-bit DAC, 2x protected inputs up to 30V
- Misc – User LED, RTC
- Power Supply
- 5V inversion polarity protected
- Battery support with charger circuit
- Consumption – 0.9W operating, 0.75mW in standby
- Dimensions – 37.5 x 31 mm
- Temperature Range – -40 to 85°C
I could not find any differences between SBC-U1 and SBC-U1A by just looking at the specifications, but the company explains that SBC-U1 without letters indicates the “range” of capabilities of the board, while SBC-U1A their standard OEM product with fixed configuration, and customers can customize the board to their own needs as well if ordering a few thousands units. The board runs FreeRTOS real-time operating systems, and is designed for IoT and “smart devices” applications requiring WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity and battery support such as vending, domotics and other handheld applications.
You’ll find more details about SBC-U1A and other embedded products from the company in the products catalogue.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|