Most mini PCs are boring black boxes, and maybe that’s the way it should be, but if you are looking for something a bit fancier Acute Angle AA is an Apollo Lake mini PC with a triangular shaped enclosure made of aluminum and something that looks like wood…
The mini PC is equipped with an Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor, 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC flash, 128GB SSD, and is currently sold for $199.99 shipped on GearBest. Acute Angle AA was apparently launched at CES 2018 riding the cryptocurrency wave, and selling for $600 as a dual use machine: a standard mini PC and an Ethereum mining machine during idle time working together with other Acute Angle AA mini PCs as part of the Acute Angle Cloud.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N3450 quad core processor @ 1.10 GHz / 2.20 GHz (burst) with Intel HD Graphics 500 @ 200 MHz / 700 MHz; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage – 64GB eMMC 5.1 flash, replaceable 128 GB M.2 SSD
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio I/O – 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI digital audio output
- Networking & Wireless Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, Dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 ports
- Power Supply – 12V/3A (Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz)
- Dimensions – 25.50 x 25.50 x 4.00 cm
- Weight – 660 grams
The mini PC comes with Windows 10 Home 64-bit preloaded, although I’m not sure the license will be valid at that price with 64GB storage. Accessories include an HDMI cable, a power adapter, a multi-language user manual, and a storage bag. Note that if you are looking for an fanless mini PC, you’ll have to give Acute Angle AA, as based on the exploded view below, the mini PC is actively cooled.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|