The company is now about to launch yet another model based on the processor with Zidoo Z1000 4K UHD media player that should offer an option between the higher-end models and the company’s entry-level options.
Zidoo Z1000 specifications:
- SoC – Realtek RTD1296DD quad core Cortex A53 processor with Arm Mali-T820 MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash, 1x SATA 3.0 bay for 2.5 or 3.5″ drive, 1x external SATA port
- 1x HDMI 2.0a output up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 support
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input supporting PiP, stream recording, and UDP broadcasting
- 1x RCA composite output
- Decode – HDR10, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching (23.976 and 29.94 fps supported)
- Native Blu-Ray navigation, 3D video support
- 7.1-ch HD audio pass-through via HDMI
optical and coaxial S/PDIF
- RCA stereo audio ports
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO WiFi up to 867 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – RS232 port, IR receiver, front panel display, power switch
- Power Supply – Built-in, 100-240VAC 1.3A 50/60 Hz input
- Dimensions – TBD (aviation aluminum alloy case)
- Weight – TBD
Cooling is achieved with a “double ball silent cooling fan”. The media player will ship with a backlit remote control, a power cable, a SATA cable, and a user’s manual. While the box is mostly advertised as a high quality Android 7.1 media player featuring the company’s Poster Wall user interface and Music Player 3.0 app, it also runs OpenWrt to handle its NAS functions.
The product page may have some more information, but we do not have any information about availability, nor pricing at the time of writing.