One Mix 2 Yoga mini laptop with a 7″ display and an Intel Core M3-7Y30 Kaby Lake processor launched almost at the same time as the One Mix 2S Yoga mini laptop with the same features except it got upgraded to a more recent Intel Core M3-8100Y Amber Lake Y-Series processor.
The company has now introduced a limited edition of the device with One Mix 2S Yoga Platinum featuring the most powerful Amber Lake processor so far: the Intel Core i7-8500Y dual core / four thread processor also with a 5W power budget.
- SoC – Intel Core i7-8500Y dual core / quad thread Amber Lake-Y processor @ 1.5 GHz (base) / 4.2 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cache, 24EU Intel HD graphics 615 @ 300 MHz / 900 MHz (Turbo); 5W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 512GB PCIe SSD, micro SD slot up to 128 GB
- Display – 7″ 1920×1200 IPS panel with touchscreen, 360° hinge
- Video Output – micro HDMI port
- Audio – Built-in speakers and microphone, 3.5mm headphone & mic jack
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n WiFi (WiFi 5), Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type-C port
- User input – QWERTY keyboard, built-in infrared induction mouse
- Sensor – Fingerprint scanner
- Battery – 6,500mAh LiPo battery
- Power Supply – USB PD via USB type-C port
- Dimensions – 182 x 110 x 17 mm
- Weight – 518 grams (metal case)
Beside the upgraded processor, you’d also get 512GB SSD storage instead of just 256GB SSD for the original model. One Mix 2S Yoga Platinum comes with Windows 10 Home 64-bit Home, and ships with a charger, and an English user manual. An optional 2048-level stylus is also offered.
This mini laptop would cost you $1,199.99 shipped however, and this can’t really be justified by the extra CPU performance, as Intel Core i7-8500Y is basically the same as Intel Core M3-8100Y except for slightly higher base and turbo frequencies. It may make sense if you really need to extra storage, or for bragging rights. For reference, you’ll find One Mix 2S Yoga laptop with Core M3-8100Y processor and 256 GB storage for $669.99 on the same GeekBuying page.