MINIX NEO S1 & S2 USB-C hubs come with either 120 or 240 GB SSD storage, as well as an HDMI output, 2x USB 3.0 ports, and a USB-C port for power.
I reviewed MINIX NEO S2 in details with an SBC running Ubuntu 18.04, and plan to keep it for future reviews, but since I also received MINIX NEO S1, I’ll be given it away for free to one of my readers as part of Giveaway Week 2019.
While the device is designed for Apple Macbook Air and Apple Macbook Pro, it should work with any computer or board with a USB-C port with DisplayPort Alternate mode provided you want to use the HDMI output port.
An extra USB-C power supply is optional, but I’ve found out it’s mostly required if you’ve going to connect one or more USB 3.0 hard drive to the hub.
This item is new, as I did not even open the box, focusing the review on the NEO S2 model.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment below. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10 am (Bangkok time) every day.
- Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- $7 for registered airmail small packet for oversea shipping payable via PayPal within 48 hours once the contest (for a given product) is complete.
- If Paypal is not available in your country, you can still play, and I’ll cover the cost of sending the parcel by Sea and Land (SAL) without registration if you win.
- I’ll post all 7 prizes at the same time, around the 14th of November
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
If you don’t get selected this time, but would like to purchase it you can do so on Amazon for $79.90.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|