AMD just announced its 15W Ryzen 4000-U series processors for laptops aiming to compete against Intel Ice Lake processors, and one of the first ultrathin laptop based on AMD Ryzen 4700U processor will be Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42) equipped with a 14″ display, up to 16GB LPDDR4x memory, and up to 512GB PCIe SSD storage.
Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42) specifications:
- SoC – Up to AMD Ryzen 4700U octa-core/octa-thread Zen 2 processor @ 2.0 GHz / 4.1 (Boost) and 7-core Radeon graphics; 15W TDP; 7nm process
- System Memory – Up to 16GB of LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage – Up to 512 GB PCIe SSD
- Display – 14″ Full HD display
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio – Stereo speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Camera – 720p webcam
- Connectivity – WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports,
- Dimensions – 32.25 x 21.8 x 15.95 mm
- Weight – 1.2 kg (metal chassis)
The AMD Ryzen 4700U laptop will ship with Windows 10 with support for Windows Hello and Cortana.
Acer Swift 3 (SF314-42) will start selling in March for 599 Euros in EMEA, and 4,499 RMB in China, while North American consumers will have to wait until May, and price starting at USD 599. It should also be noted Acer launched a similar laptop with a 13.5″ display and (up to) an Intel Core i7-1065G7 “Ice Lake” processor for $699. It’s very likely the starting prices are for entry-level versions of AMD Ryzen 4000U processors and Intel “Ice Lake” processors, but Acer did not specify in their press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|