Xiaomi has launched several affordable WiFi routers over the years. Their latest model is called Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 Router and comes with a dual-core, quad-thread MIPS processor, 128MB storage, WiFi 5 with 6 antennas, and four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 router specifications:
- Processor – MediaTek MT7621A dual-core/quad-thread MIPS processor @ 880MHz
- System Memory – 128MB RAM
- Storage – 128MB flash
- 2.4GHz 2×2 Wi-F 802.11n @ 300Mbps
- 5G 4×4 WiFi 802.11ac @ 1733Mbps
- 6x external high gain (5dBi) antennas
- Security – WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK encryption, wireless access control (black and white list), hidden SSID, intelligent anti-scratch network
- 1x 10/100/1000Mbps WAN (Auto MDI/ MDIX)
- 3x 10/100/1000Mbps LAN (Auto MDI/ MDIX)
- Misc – 2x LEDs Indicators (Internet and System), Reset pin hole
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 259 x 176 x 184mm
The router is said to come with MiWiFi firmware based on OpenWrt with “deep customization”, and can be managed via its web interface (in Chinese) or MiWiFi Android/iOS app. The firmware is said to support Netease UU game accelerator to deliver a lower latency while gaming.
The hardware features are pretty similar to the company’s earlier Xiaomi Mi Router 4 except it supports AC2100 WiFI instead of just AC1200, comes with extra antennas, more storage, and one more Gigabit Ethernet port. That means Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 router should potentially support OpenWrt, as Mi Router 4 does although it requires flashing the firmware via an SPI programmer.
Xiaomi Redmi AC2100 Router (aka RM2100) is sold for 169 RMB (~$25) in China. Price varies a lot from the usual Chines reseller. I first found it on Banggood for $49.99 shipped, and quickly found out GearBest would sell it for just $45.99, but the best price I’ve found so far is on Aliexpress where it goes for around $35 including shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|