We’ve covered several ESP32 watches over the last year include TTGO T-Wristand, Watchy, and DSTIKE ESP32 watch. Those don’t really have the nicest looking design, and some people complained about various shortcomings including the difficulty to customize/program the watch.
Last year, Lilygo introduced TTGO T-Watch smartwatch that, due to support for expansion boards, was relatively thick, but at least documentation and Arduino code samples can be found on Github. The company has now launched a slicker version with Lilygo TTGO T-Watch-2000.
TTGO T-Watch-2020 specifications:
- SoC – Espressif ESP32 dual-core wireless processor with 520KB SRAM
- System Memory – 8MB PSRAM
- Storage – 16MB QSPI flash
- Display – 1.54-inch LCD capacitive touch screen
- Audio – Class-D amplifier, buzzer
- Connectivity – 802.11b/g/n WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.1 via ESP32
- Sensors – BMA423 three-axis accelerometer with built-in step counting algorithm, activity recognition / tracking, advanced gesture recognition.
- Misc – Power button (round), PCF8563 RTC clock, vibration motor
- Programming – Via Micro USB port (CP2104 USB to TTL chip)
- 3.7V Lithium battery
- Charging – 5V/1A via Micro USB port; AXP202 PMIC
- Dimensions – TBD
- Weight – 58.5 grams
- Temperature Range – -40°C ~ +85°C (TBC…)
You’ll find Arduino samples for most/all features of the watch on a new Github repository, as well as documentation on ReadTheDocs that is for the original TTGO T-Watch, but should also work on the new smartwatch.
LilyGo TTGO T-Watch-2020 can be pre-ordered on Banggood or Tindie for about $30 including international shipping. If you need more customization the original T-Watch supports optional modules such as LoRa and GPS, various enclosure, and other accessories (mini-keyboard anyone?) which you’ll find on the aforementioned websites, as well as the company’s Aliexpress store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|