MediaTek Helio G-Series mobile processors come with optimization for gamers including HyperEngine game technology with network optimizations reducing lag and improving connection reliability, faster responses to taps, improved picture quality, and better resources management to avoid thermal throttling.
So far, the company had integrated the HyperEngine technology into premium SoCs such as Helio G80 or Helio G90T powered by Cortex-A75/A76 cores, and BiFrost GPUs. There are aggressively Helio G90T priced phones such as Redmi Note 8 Pro going for about $240, but to address the lower-end side of the market, MediaTek has now introduced Helio G35 and G25 octa-core Cortex-A53 SoC with HyperEngine Game Technology.
Helio G35 & G25 specifications:
- Helio G25 – Octa-core Arm Cortex-A53 CPU @ 2.0 GHz
- Helio G35 – Octa-core Arm Cortex-A53 CPU @ 2.3 GHz
- Helio G25 – Imagination PowerVR GE8320 up to 650MHz
- Helio G35 – Imagination PowerVR GE8320 up to 680MHz
- Memory – Up to 4GB LPDDR3 @ 933 Mhz, up to 6GB LPDDR4x/DDR4 up to 1600MHz
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.1
- Display – Helio G25 – Up to 1600 x 720; Helio G35: Up to 2400 x 1080
- Helio G25 – ISP – 13+8MP dual camera up to 30 fps, 21MP single camera up to 30 fps
- Helio G35 – ISP – 13+13MP dual camera up to 30 fps, 25MP single camera up to 30 fps
- Features – AI Beautification, AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction
- Encoding – H.264 up to 1080p30
- Decoding – H.264, H.265/HEVC up to 1080p30
- 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), 4G FDD / TDD, HSPA +
- Specific Functions – TAS 2.0, HUPE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category – Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS – Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS, QZSS
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 5.0
- Misc – FM Radio
- Process – 12nm FinFET
Both processors are pretty similar, but Mediatek Helio G35 offers higher CPU and GPU clocks, and support for higher resolution displays and cameras.
MediaTek says Helio G25/G35 smartphones from “major brands” are expected to hit the markets in the coming months.
Via press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.