e-con Systems has launched an industrial-grade GMSL2 Full HD camera and a deserializer interface board for NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier / TX2 Developer Kits.
The STURDeCAM20 camera is waterproof with an IP67 rating and ships with a 15-meter coaxial cable with a FAKRA connector, while STURDeCAM20_CUXVR camera kit adds a GMSL deserializer board supporting up to 6 STURDeCAM20 cameras.
STURDeCAM20 camera specifications:
- 2MP camera module with S-mount lens holder
- Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link 2 (GMSL2) interface with IP67 certified FAKRA connector
- On-board ISP
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Uncompressed UYVY streaming support
- Supported resolutions & frame rates
- VGA (640 x 480) @ 60 fps
- QHD (960 x 540) @ 58 fps
- HD (1280 X 720) @ 45 fps
- 960p (1280 x 960) @ 34 fps
- FHD (1920 x 1080) @ 30 fps
- Supply Voltage – 5 to 15V with +/- 5% tolerance
- Dimensions – 42 x 42 mm (aluminium enclosure)
- Power Consumption – 0.78W to 2.196W
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
- Compliance – FCC Class A, CE and RoHS
- IP Rating – IP67 (enclosure and cables) for transmission of both power and data up to 15 meters away
The company multiple mounting options including magnetic mount support, and synchronous operation is supported when using multiple cameras.
The rugged IP67 GSML2 camera targets ruggedized applications for industrial and outdoor environments such as autonomous mobile robots (AMR), delivery robots, sidewalk robots, blind spot cameras for large vehicles, mining vehicles, forklifts, surround-view systems, and more. Note that IP67 rated devices are not designed to be used underwater for long periods of time.
The company demonstrates the camera capabilities in the video below using the GUCViewer program in Ubuntu. For some reason, e-Con Systems did not demonstrate the waterproof capabilities of the camera.
The STURDeCAM20 camera sells for $479 per unit($549 with cable) and as low as $279 in quantities, while the STURDeCAM20_CUXVR development kit is offered for $699 with a deserializer board, one camera, and a 15-meter cable, and up to $3499 for a kit with 6 cameras. More details may be found on the product page.