We recently covered COM Express and COM-HPC modules powered by Intel Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processors announced last week. ASRock is now the first company to officially announce a Tiger Lake UP3 mini PC based on the new 15W IoT processors.
ASRock iBOX 1000 rugged embedded computer is fitted with the company’s NUC-1100 motherboard that offers four 4K display outputs, 2.5GbE networking, and various other expansions and I/Os in order to target factory automation, AGV, retail kiosk, digital signage, entertainment, transportation, and other AIoT applications.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core/octa-thread Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor @ up to 1.8 GHz / 4.4 GHz (Turbo) with 96EU Iris Xe Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core/octa-thread Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor @ up to 1.5 GHz / 4.1 GHz (Turbo) with 80EU Iris Xe Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core/quad-thread Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor @ up to 2.2 GHz / 3.9 GHz (Turbo) with with 48EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- System Memory – 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM socket for up to 64GB dual-channel DDR4 3200 MHz
- 1x SATA 3.0 port
- 1x M.2 Key-M 2242/2260/2280 socket with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for MVMe/SATA SSD; Note: M.2 Key M 2280 supported by bracket
- 256 Mbit SPI flash for AMI UEFI/BIOS
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort 1.4, DP++ up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- 2x DisplayPort 1.4 outputs via USB-C ports
- Quad display support
- Realtek ALC233 High-Definition audio codec.
- 1x 3.5mm headphone & microphone jack
- 2.5Gbps Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I225LM
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I219V
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A ports
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C ports with support for DP1.4 display output
- Note: USB4 Compliance Test pending
- Serial – 1 x COM port (RS-232)
- 1x M.2 (Key E, 2230) with PCIe x1, USB 2.0 and CNVi for Wireless
- 1x M.2 (KEY M, 2242/2260/2280) with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for SSD
- Misc – Watchdog timer
- Power Supply – 12V-19V DC-in jack; AT/ATX support (AT: power on automatically, ATX: press button to power on)
- Dimensions – 171.8 x 50.05 x 109.45 mm (Aluminum enclosure)
- Weight – 1.6 kg
- Temperature range – Operating: 0ºC ~ 50ºC; storage: -40° C – 85° C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90%
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class A
ASRock iBOX 1100 mini PC officially supports Windows 10, but I’d suspect Linux should also work, and ships with a 19V/90W power adapter, a screw package, a product DVD, a VESA mounting brack, and an additional bracket to install an M.2 2280 SSD.
If you’d rather install the motherboard in your own enclosure or chassis, the company also offers the Tiger Lake UP3 NUC 1100 embedded motherboards used in iBOX 1100 industrial computers.
ASRock iBOX-1185G7E, iBOX-1145G7E, iBOX-1115G4E mini PC, and corresponding NUC-1185G7E, NUC-1145G7E, NUC-1115G4E single board computers are all listed on ASRock industrial website, but you’ll have to click on the “Inquiry” button to get pricing and availability information from the company.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|