We’ve heard about Amlogic S905X4 processor for 4K TV boxes with AV1 support for about year, and while we’ve written about upcoming S905X4 TV boxes such as SDMC DV8919, none of them have launched so far, as silicon design and/or software development have taken a bit longer than expected, and we’re now far from the Q4 2019 launch date shown on the roadmap.
But we may not have to wait much longer, as I have been offered a review sample – which sadly, I may have to refuse due to local import regulations – for Mecool KM6 TV box based on Amlogic S905X4 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor coupled with up to 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi 6 connectivity, and running Android 10 on Android TV (Android 10.0 ATV).
The company will sell two models with Mecool KM6 Deluxe and Classic editions with the following specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S905X4 quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with Arm Mali-G31MP2 supporting OpenGL ES3.2, Vulkan 1.1, and OpenCL 2.0
- System Memory & Storage
- Classic Edition – 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC flash, MicroSD/SDXC card socket
- Deluxe Edition – 4GB RAM and 64GB eMMC flash, MicroSD/SDXC card socket
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 60Hz with CEC, HDCP2.2, HDR
- AV output with composite video
- Analog stereo audio via AV output, digital audio via HDMI
- Deluxe Edition only – Optical S/PDIF
- Video Playback
- AV1 up to 4K @ 60 fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10 up to 4K @ 60fps
- VP9 up to 4K @ 60fps
- AVS2-P2 up to 4K @ 60fps
- H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30fps
- MPEG1/2/4 ASP, WMV/VC-1, RealVideo8/9/10,
- HDR – HDR 10, HLG, PRIME HDR, TCH PRIME, options HDR10+, optional Dolby Vision
- Network Connectivity
- Classic Edition – 10/100M Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 5, and Bluetooth 4.2
- Deluxe Edition – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Power button; Power, IR & Network LEDs; IR receiver
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- Dimensions – TBD
The TV box will ship with an IR and Bluetooth voice remote control, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a user manual.
Mecool told CNX Software they need more time to decide on pricing but expect Mecool KM6 TV box to become available on October 30th, at which time you should be able to purchase samples directly on Mecool online shop.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|