F(x)tec Pro1 Android smartphone was introduced last year with the main differentiating features being its sliding keyboard. The company also mentioned support for Android-based LineageOS as well as Sailfish OS, but those need(ed) to be installed by the user.
FX Technology has now unveiled F(x)tec Pro1 X smartphone with similar specs, except for the blue case and the option of having additional memory and storage, as well as official support for LineageOS and Ubuntu Touch thanks to a collaboration with XDA. Another difference is the availability of Scandinavian and AZERTY keyboard layouts
F(x)tec Pro1 X specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (MSM8998) octa-core Kryo 280 processor with 4x higher performance cores @ 2.45 GHz, 4x low-power cores @ 1.9 GHz, Adreno 540 GPU
- System Memory – 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 128GB or 256GB flash, MicroSD card up to 2TB
- Display – 5.99-inch 2160 x 1080 (FHD+) AMOLED display with curved edges; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 8MP Front-facing camera
- 12MP + 5 MP rear cameras with dual-color, dual-LED flash
- Capture up to 4K @ 30fps
- Playback up to 4K @ 60fps H264 (AVC), H265 (HEVC), and VP9
- Audio – Stereo speakers; 3.5mm TRRS headphone Jack; FM Radio
- 2G – GSM bands 2, 3, 5, 8
- 3G – WCDMA: 1, 2, 4, 5, 8;CDMA/EVDO: BC0, BC1; TD-SCDMA: 34/39
- 4G – TDD-LTE: 38/39/40/41(100mhz); FDD-LTE: 1, 2/25, 3, 4, 5/26, 7, 8, 12/17, 13, 20, 28
- Dual Nano SIM with microSD support (shared with SIM #2)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 + Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- NFC (supports Google Pay)
- GNSS – GPS/A-GPS
- USB – USB Type-C with display support
- Keyboard – QWERTY, QWERTZ, Scandinavian, or AZERTY backlit sliding keyboard with 5-row, 64-key
- Sensors – Fingerprint reader, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall effect
- Misc – Notification RGB LED; power/lock key; volume rocker; 2-stage camera shutter key on the back of the phone
- Battery – 3,200 mAh good for about 10 hours of talk time, 480 hours in standby; Quick Charge 3.0 & USB PD support
- Dimensions – 154 x 73.6 x 13.98 mm
- Weight – 243 grams
Besides LineageOS 16.0/17.1 and Ubuntu Touch, the smartphone also supports Android 9.0, and third-party OS’es are in the works with Sailfish OS, Windows, and Debian.
F(x)tec Pro1 X has just launched on Indiegogo with a $75,000 flexible funding target that has already been surpassed with over $160,000 raised so far. Rewards start at $649 for the 6GB/128GB model with shipping adding $40. You can select to have Android, LineageOS, or Ubuntu Touch pre-installed on the smartphone at check out. Backers should expect the phone to ship in March 2021 barring any production delays.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.