Ever since the launch of Intel Atom Cherry Trail powered Up Board SBC in 2015, AAEON has kept launching more UP boards with faster, yet still low power processors, as well as complete turnkey solutions based on their x86 SBC such as the UP Xtreme Smart Surveillance kit.
The company has now formally unveiled the UP Xtreme i11 Tiger Lake SBC as well as a mini PC called UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling kit based on the board that features a choice of Intel 11th generation Tiger Lake Embedded Core or Celeron processor, an Intel Altera MAX 5 FPGA, up to 64GB RAM, Gigabit Ethernet and 2.5GbE networking, and more.
- Tiger Lake “E” SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core/8-thread processor @ up to 4.4 GHz with 96 EU Intel Iris Xe Graphics; up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core/8-thread processor @ up to 4.1 GHz with 80 EU Intel Iris Xe Graphics; up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core/4-thread processor @ up to 3.9 GHz with 48 EU Intel UHD Graphics; up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Celeron 6305E dual-core processor @ up to 2.0 GHz with 48EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP
- FPGA – Intel FPGA Altera Max V for 40-pin GPIO bus
- AI Accelerator – Optional via M.2 2280
- System memory – 2x SO-DIMM for up to 64GB DDR4 @ 3200MT/s
- Storage – 1x SATA 3.0, 1x M.2 2280 M-key (combo 2x PCIE[x1]) NVMe)
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0b up to 4Kp60
- 1x DisplayPort
- 1x USB Type-C port with DP 1.4
- 1x eDP up to 4Kp60
- Audio – HDMI audio, DisplayPort audio, Soundwire Codec for Audio Out/Mic In/, I2S
- Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i219 with PXE and WoL support
- 2.5GbEvia Intel i225
- Note: vPRO is only available in i7/i5 CPU
- WiFi 5/6 – Optional via M.2 2230 Intel AC9260 card
- Bluetooth – Optional via M.2 2230 Intel AC9260 card
- LTE/4G/ 5G – Optional via M.2 3052 card + onboard SIM slot
- USB – 4x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 1x USB 4.0 Type-C port with DP
- Serial – 1x HSUART (pin header); 2x RS232/422/485 via Fintek F81801,
- Expansion Slot
- 1x M.2 2280 M key (support NVME SSD)
- 1x M.2 2230 E key
- 1x M.2 3052 B key
- 1x PCI-E[X4] (adapter board accessory required)
- 40-pin GPIO bus via digital and analog I/Os
- Security – Infineon TPM SLB9670 on board
- Misc – RTC, watchdog timer, 4x LEDs, power & reset buttons, active cooler
- Power Supply – 12V DC- via lockable connector; type: AT/ATX (default AT mode)
- Power consumption – 32W typ.
- Dimensions – 122 x 120 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ 60°C; storage: -40°C ~ 80°C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certification – CE/FCC Class A, RoHS compliant
AAEON provides Ubuntu 20.04 using Linux 5.8, the Intel OpenVINO SDK, Kubernetes, AWS Greengrass, etc… but the board is also compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 and the Yocto Project 3.0/3.1 with Linux kernel 5.4. The company also offers accessories like an RTC battery and an active heatsink for cooling. As an embedded device, UP Xtreme i11 SBC will get long term support until the year 2035.
If you’d rather get a complete system, AAEON will soon take pre-orders for UP Xtreme i11 Edge Compute Enabling Kit based on the single board computer, in a fanless case, and pre-loaded with the Ubuntu 20.04 image. That means the mini PC will ship with storage and memory, but the company did not provide details.
The board exposes all external ports from the SBC, and is equipped with two DB-9 ports for the COM ports, as well as a Phoenix terminal connector offering access to some of the pins of the 40-pin GPIO bus namely 3V3, 5V, GND, I2C, 8x GPIO, and 2x PWM. I understand they will also be optional 5G, WiFi, Bluetooth cards, as well as an AI accelerator card based on Movidius Myriad X VPU.
Both items are production-ready products suitable for robotics, automation, retail, AI, and IoT. AAEON UP Xtreme i11 SBC and Edge Compute Enabling Kit are not quite available yet, and instead, pre-orders are slated to start in Q1 2021, at a time when we should also be informed about pricing. Additional information may be found in the press release and product page.