Earlier this week, we covered Wireless Tag’s Industio 7-inch smart display powered by a SigmaStar SSD201 32-bit Arm Cortex-A7 processor and offering both Ethernet and WiFi 4 connectivity.
If you’d like a 64-bit processor, a much larger display size, and faster wireless connectivity, Innocomm has just introduced the “Foenix Touch Console” 21.5-inch open-frame touch computer based on the same MediaTek MT8167A quad-core Cortex-A35 processor as found in the PlayStation Classic, and capable of Ethernet and WiFi 5 (AC) networking.
Foenix iCOM1019 touch console preliminary specifications:
- SoC – MediaTek MT8167A quad-core Cortex-A35 processor @ up to 1.5 GHz with PowerVR GE8300 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB storage, MicroSD card slot
- Display – 21.5-inch PCAP touchscreen display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Video Output – Optional HDMI 1.4a
- Audio – 2-channel 6W amplifier, 2x digital microphones, 3.5mm 4-pole audio jack
- Camera – Optional 2MP front-facing camera
- 10/100M Ethernet (RJ45)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.2 and 5.0 LE long range
- Optional NFC, ANT+
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB 2.0 device port
- Serial – 3.5mm jack for serial (Tx, Rx, GND)
- Misc – Power and volume keys
- Power Supply – 12V/4A via DC jack
- Dimensions – 52.5 x 31.7 cm
The Foenix touch console runs “Android 8.1 or above”, and supports 10×10 cm VESA mounts. The smart display targets fitness consoles, human-machine interfaces (HMI) for factory and building automation equipment, digital signage, and in-store interaction consoles in the retail space.
Innocomm highlights this is an early product announcement in the product brief, and information is subject to change. Availability and price are not known at this point. More details may be found on the product page.