I’ve just written about the first Tiger Lake UP3 Pico-ITX motherboard I’ve seen with Commell LP-179 equipped with an Intel Core i7 or Celeron processor, but while doing research on the topic, AAEON PICO-TGU4 Pico-ITX SBC with “11th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Celeron U-Series Processor SoC” showed up.
The company does not specify Tiger Lake processors, but the description fits, and AAEON mentioned PICO-TGU4 in an earlier press release about Elkhart Lake and Tiger Lake SBCs without any details.
But we’ve now got some photos and key features & specifications for AAEON PICO-TGU4 SBC:
- SoC – 11th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Celeron Tiger Lake UP3 SoC up to 4.8 GHz
- System Memory – Up to 32GB LPDDR4x 4267 MHz on-board memory, In-Band ECC
- Storage – 1x SATA port
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0b port up to 4Kx2K 60Hz
- 1x eDP up to HBR3, 8Kx4K 30Hz
- Audio – High Definition Audio Interface, Line-in/Line-out/MIC via header
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Intel i225
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port via Intel i219
- USB – 2x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 2x USB3.2 Gen 1 via header, 4x USB2.0 via header
- Serial Port – 2x RS-232/422/485
- 8-bit DIO header
- 1x M.2 M key 2280 socket with PCIe Gen4 as default, or SATA depending on HW BOM
- 1x Full-size mSATA/mPCIe socket with PCIe selected by BIOS by default, but USB is also an option
- 1x SMBUS/I2C/eSPI header
- Misc – Watchdog timer, AMI UEFI BIOS with Wake-on-LAN
- Power Supply – +12V via 2-pin terminal block
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (Pico-ITX) form factor
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0˚C ~ 60˚C; storage: -40˚C ~ 80˚C
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certification – CE/FCC Class A
AAEON can provide various cooling solutions for the SBC including a heat-spreader for fanless operation, or a heatsink & cooler. The product page for the PICO-TGU4 board is still preliminary, so we have fewer details than for Commell LP-179 motherboard at this stage.
But considering both SBC’s share many of the same specifications, PICO-TGU4 Pico-ITX Tiger Lake SBC should also be compatible with Windows 10 64-bit and Linux distributions based on kernel 5.8 or greater. Target applications should also be similar with, for instance, gaming systems, transportation, digital signage, and industrial automation be some of the typical use cases for the board.