AAEON UP Squared Pro 7000 is an upcoming single board computer (SBC) based on a choice of Alder Lake-N SoCs up to the Core i3-N305 octa-core processor, up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, and 64GB eMMC flash.
The board supports up to three displays and comes with a MIPI CSI port, dual 2.5GbE networking, three USB 3.2 ports, two RS232/RS422/RS485 interfaces, as well as several M.2 sockets for storage and wireless expansion that makes it suitable for machine vision solutions for smart factories, robotics applications, and retail/digital signage.
UP Squared Pro 7000 specifications:
- Alder Lake-N SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i3-N305 octa-core processor up to 3.8 GHz with 6MB cache, 32EU Intel UHD Graphics Gen 12 @ 1.25 GHz; TDP: 15W
- Intel Atom x7425E quad-core processor up to 3.4 GHz with 6MB cache, 24EU Intel UHD Graphics Gen 12 @ 1.0 GHz; TDP: 12W
- Intel Processor N97 quad-core processor up to 3.6 GHz with 6MB cache, 24EU Intel UHD Graphics Gen 12 @ 1.2 GHz; TDP: 12W
- Intel Processor N50 dual-core processor up to 3.4 GHz with 6MB cache, 16EU Intel UHD Graphics Gen 12 @ 750 MHz; TDP: 6W
- System Memory – Up to 16GB LPDDR5
- Up to 64GB eMMC flash
- 1x SATA 3.0 port
- 256Mbit flash for BIOS/UEFI
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0b
- 1x DisplayPort 1.2 x 1
- 1x DisplayPort 1.4a via USB Type-C port
- Support for 3x independent displays
- Camera I/F – MIPI CSI via 61-pin FPC connector
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack with Mic-in+Line-out
- 2x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports via Intel i226-IT controllers
- Optional WiFi and Bluetooth via M.2 socket
- Optional 4G/5G via M.2 socket plus SIM card slot
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C ports
- 2x USB 2.0 interfaces from a 10-pin header
- Serial – 2x 10-pin header for RS-232/422/485
- 40-pin GPIO header via Lattice MachXO2 CPLD/FPGA
- 1x M.2 2230 E-key socket (CNVi, PCIe Gen 3 x1, USB 2.0)
- 1x M.2 2280 M-key socket (PCIe Gen 3 x2, USB 2.0)
- 1x M.2 3052 B-key socket (USB 3.2 Gen 2 only)
- Security – Onboard TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, RTC, fan header
- Power Supply – 12V DC-in, 6A; AT/ATX type
- Power Consumption (Typical) – 35W
- Dimensions – 101.6 x 101.6 mm (4″ x 4″)
- Weight – 200 grams
- Temperature Range – 0°C ~ 60°C with 0.5m/s airflow
- Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF – 422,053 hours
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A, RoHS Compliant, REACH
AAEON provides support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, Windows IoT Core, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, and Yocto 4.0. The SBC can also run the Intel OpenVINO Toolkit which leverages the Intel UHD Graphics capabilities for AI inference and 3D graphics.
So far, we had only seen the new Alder Lake-N processors in consumers devices like mini PCs and laptops, but the UP Square Pro 7000 SBC brings the new SoCs to the embedded space including one model with the Atom x7425E Embedded SKU that should support a wider temperature range (but not shown in the specs above), as well as Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), Time-Coordinated Computing (TCC), and in-band ECC (to be confirmed).
It could not find it for sale just yet, but AAEON has already released the datasheet, user manual, BIOS, and (Windows) drivers on the product page. Eventually, additional technical details should become available on the UP community forum and wiki.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.