If you have both a Twitter and Identi.ca account you may want to update one with the other auotmatically. If you are mainly an identi.ca user, that’s straightforward as you just need to Settings -> Twitter and make sure “Automatically send my notices to Twitter.” is checked. If you are mainly a twitter user and want to update your identi.ca timeline automatically it’s not so trivial.
- Twitterfeed could not authenticate with identi.ca. If I clicked on Test StatusNet Authentication it would try to authenticate forever without success as shown on the screenshot below
- dlvr.it would return the error “Sorry. We weren’t able to save your destination at this time” when trying to connect to StatusNet with identi.ca credentials.
Finally, I found another way with ping.fm and still using Yahoo pipes:
- Sign into Ping.fm
- In Service/Tools select “RSS Feeds”
- Set the feed URL to be http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=WvUZFt_G3RG6Veiqbbsjiw&_render=rss&twitteruser=YOUR_TWITTER_USERNAME
- Make sure to add your identi.ca account in Social Networks and that posting is enabled.
That’s it! Your tweets should now be updated in real-time in identi.ca.
N.B: You could also use your Twitter RSS Feed directly, but the reason for using Yahoo Pipes is to remove your twitter username which is prefixed in front of all your tweets.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.