The Raspberry Pi maybe promoted as a $35 ARM Linux board, but in reality once you had taxes and shipping the price can be quite higher. For example on Element14 Thailand, I would have to spend 1,300 Baht ($40) + shipping, or even 1750 Baht ($54) to get the board. But since Raspberry Pi 2 launch, sales numbers for R-Pi model B+ have most likely dwindled, and some sellers are trying to get rid off stock.
Some deals I have found or been tipped off:
- $30.29 on Amazon US. Free shipping in the US on orders over $35.
- $31 including shipping on Aliexpress
- $33.99 including shipping on Bangood
- $37.81 including shipping on DealExtreme
- $37.88 including shipping on Ebay
If you know of other better or similar deal for the Raspberry Pi Model B/B+, feel free to leave a link in comments.
Thanks to Onebir for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.